Sunday, June 5, 2011

First Week Recap

Wow, I can´t believe the first week is over already! It has been a crazy and awesome week. I met my host family and have become adjusted to life here. I helped Tim Westergren paint the G.V. Center, which turned out to be quite a task when we couldn´t find the paint we needed and had to mix it ourselves! Other than that, I have just been spending lots of time with my host family. They are awesome. They have two kids-- Celia who is 15 and David who is 11. This past weeked, the father and I drove to Leon (about 3.5 hours) to watch David who played in a basketball tournament there. It was great to see the Spanish countryside and to see Leon. It has a wonderful cathedral that was built in the 13th century. I also had quite the cultural experience in Leon. We ate two meals in Spanish bars. No, I dídn´t drink any alcohol. :) But it was interesting to watch everyone else in the bar interact and to see that side of Spanish culture. On the way back, the father and I stopped and saw one of the many castles in Castilla y Leon. It was amazing. Today, I went to the CCTC (the Tres Cantos church) and enjoyed the worship with the people even though it was in Spanish. Fortunately, a lot of Spanish seems to be coming back and I am learning a lot more. I still can´t speak very much, but I am able to understand a lot more. So that is an answer to prayer. Tomorrow the other intern arrives and the internship officially begins. I can´t wait to see what else God has in store!

As I continue, I ask that you would pray for these requests:
>That I will be a light for those around me
>That I will be able to be an encouragement to the workers here.
>That God would open the eyes and hearts of the Spanish people (they are very postmodern and have no need for a god or savior)

Gracias. ¡Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about you getting sick. :( Sounds like you are having a good time. Wish we could meet up with you sometime. I'm glad you are having a good time with your family. Those relationships are so important. Maybe you got sick in paris because you had too much wine. jk. Glad to see you are doing better