Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Paris Done, Internship in Spain Begins!

Hey Everyone,

So I have just arrived in Spain after my week in Paris. For those of you who don't know, I arrived in Paris on Tuesday night and found my way by myself to the other side of town to the appartment of some awesome people I was able to stay with. Wednesday I went into Paris and saw Notre-Dame (which was awesome), then saw Sainte-Chapalle (which was more awesome), and then wandered around the historic center of Paris stopping at random exhibits and museums. That evening I cruised the Seine River on a boat tour of Paris. Wednesday was great until late that night when I began throwing up. Whether it was food poisoning, the flu, or a combination of exhaustion and dehydration, I don't know. But it was aweful. Thursday I spent sick all day. Friday I barely ate trying to regain my strength and on Saturday I was finally able to go back into Paris. That day I made it to all the big sights-- the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triumph, and Sacre-Coeur. Then came Sunday. Sunday I went out to Versailles. That was the highlight of the trip. Versailles was amazing. The Domaine de Marie-Antoinette was fantastic. Then on Monday I went to the Army Museum and the Louvre and flew out to Madrid. And of course my flight was delay 2 hours so I didn't get into Madrid until after 1:oo A.M.

So my analysis of Paris? Paris is beautiful. My only complaint? There are very, very few public restrooms. It is nearly impossible to find a bathroom when you need one. If you can't find a public one, then you'll have to pay to use one elsewhere. And even if you find a public restroom, the line is really long.

Anyway, now I'm in Spain and I'm ready for my internship to begin. I met the father of the family I am staying with last night. In a few minutes I will be heading out to work on the G.V. center here with one of the fellow workers.

As I go forward, would you pray that
--I am able to continue to adjust to the new rythm of life here
--Be a solid witness to the family I am with
--Remain strong and growing in the Word

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment