Monday, June 20, 2011

3 Weeks In

Wow.

So, I was hoping to rest the past few days after our long trip across España, but that definitely didn´t happen. On Saturday, Enrique (my host padre) took me to see Real Madrid statium-- the Bernabeau. However, when we got there we didn´t go in because they had most of the tour closed because of the event happening outside. In the plaza right in front of the statium, the NBA was having an event. Dwight Howard and Jrue Holiday were puting on an event for the people of Madrid. It was crazy. Of all the places in the world that I would see an NBA player, I would never have guessed it would have been in Madrid! So that was pretty awesome. Then we walked around Madrid together-- which was exhausting given that I was already really tired. But it was a great time to talk with Enrique and get to know him better. Then yesterday (Sunday), we had chuch in Tres Cantos and then a celebration lunch for the graduates for Institution (high school). After that, Tim Wendel took Joe and I to a Chinese church in Madrid. It was crazy, Tim told us we were going to speak to the youth group and that they would understand English. Well, when we got there, it wasn´t the case. They only spoke Spanish. So last minute I decided to change what I was going to talk about and I gave my testimony in Spanish that I had translated earlier. Luckly, Joe went first with a translator which gave me time to prepare. After my testimony, I read Romans 8:12-18 to them in Spanish and tried to expound a little with the help of a translator. I tried to do as much as I could in Spanish, though, and it was fantastic. Definitely had to rely on God in that situation! Didn´t know what I was going to say until just before getting up to talk! But it went great. Then today, we went and taught English for an hour in two different classes in a local elementary school. They were 2nd and 4th graders, and full of energy! It was pretty fun, although we really didn´t know what we were doing at first. Overall, I think it went great and this weekend was pretty awesome. Hopefully I can get some rest this week before we go to Granada for 2.5 weeks. Well, adios!

Enjoy the pictures!
Dwight Howard dancing

Giving my testimony in Spanish to Chinese Youth in Madrid

Katey W. and I teaching English to 2nd Graders

Katey and I teaching English to the same 2nd Graders

No comments:

Post a Comment