Friday, June 24, 2011

Adios Tres Cantos, Hola Granada

Hey that rhymed! Anyway, it is true.

Catch-up:  We have left Tres Cantos and made our way south to Granada. It was kinda sad to leave because I won´t see my host family from Tres Cantos again. We left yesterday and arrived in Granada around 5. That afternoon we were able to swim with the children of the workers here-- which was great because it is pretty hot here, above 35C or 95F. (That is one thing I have had to adjust to, the different units like Celsius or Kilometers, fortunately I was able to download an app on my Ipod to convert the units!) Then last night I was dropped off at my host families home. I was a little nervous, as always when meeting random people who I am going to live with for a while. But it has turned out pretty awesome so far. The parents are Miguel and Alicia. Miguel doesn´t really speak any English but fortunately Alicia speaks very well. They have two children-- Miguel (19) and Licia (17). They have a beautiful house, and huge by Spain standards (it would be big in Toccoa too!) Last night, the family took me to see the Alhambra all lit up by the lights. It was really cool to see at night. I can´t wait to be able to see inside. Of course, we went on this trip before dinner which means we didn´t eat supper until after 11! But that is Spain for you! Today has been very relaxing. I was able to sleep in for the first time in a long time. Then lounge around the house for a few hours, as well as playing Black Ops with Miguel, the son not the father! It has been a really nice break. I think later we will go into Granada again.

Coming Up: Tomorrow we have a meeting about the English Camp here. Then on Sunday we are going into Granada to see the Alhambra. Monday brings the beginning of English Camp Granada 2011. It is going to be great!

Prayer Requests:
>That God will use me as a light with this new family and that the Holy Spirit will be working on their hearts and minds.
>That I will have enough energy to really invest in the kids at the English Camp.
>That God will continue to teach me new things as I enter a new section of my internship.

Thank you! Sorry, I have no pictures this time-- new house, computer, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment