Friday, July 8, 2011

English Camp Granada 2011 Complete

Catch-Up: English Camp is over! I cannot believe it. It seems like yesterday the kids were first arriving and I was learning their names. It has been two crazy weeks. There have been ups. There have been downs. But through it all, I have made some strong connections with the kids and it was tough to say goodbye to them all last night. Just to give you a run down of how camp looked for me from day to day:

> 8:00am Arrive at locale
>9:00am Kids arrive
>9:20am Everyone together sings
> 9:40am Go to crafts
>10:35am Go to sports
>11:40 am Lunch (really just snack time)
>12:20 pm Go to English Class
>1:30pm Go to Closing Session

I was a Monitor for 6 kids week 1 and 5 kids week 2 (one of my kids didn´t come back). However, I was a part of a bigger group of 15 with two other Monitors-- a "Miss Judy" and "Dr. Rand". They were an older married couple from Oregon. I was the only one to call them Miss and Dr. but I think they loved it. On many occasions, Dr. Rand (who is a Dr. in ESL) would remain all day in the English class which left Miss Judy and I with 15 kids by ourselves. This meant a lot more work for us, but it also allowed me to make some great connections with other kids. Overall, camp was tough but great.

Now: This morning I am leaving Granada on a bus bound for Madrid. I will live in Tres Cantos with my 3rd Spanish family (it´s been crazy but fun, and I get to see many different sides of Spanish family life). I will be in Tres Cantos only 5 more days and then I fly out to the United States. It´s hard to believe my time in Spain is almost over!

Prayer Requests:
>That God would use seeds planted at English Camp in the lives and hearts of the kids and parents.
>That God would use seeds planted in the host families lives.
>That God would grant travelling mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment